Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas recitals

On December 12th, Megyn and Ally had their Christmas recitals. They were both amazing!!



Megyn is really growing into a beautiful dancer. Her arm lines are so pretty and she smiles the whole time she is onstage. She is very graceful. This somewhat surprises me because at home Megyn is constantly tripping, falling down or hurting someone (by accident). I love to watch her dance though. Starting in January Megyn will begin the older level dance class where she will do some acting and singing as well. The summer recital will be fun to watch!






Ally continues to surprise me during the recitals. She is normally so reserved, but during recital time she is ready to go and steps out of her shell. She smiled the whole time and shook her hips like a professional!! Ally remembered a lot more of her dance this year and her timing was dead on! My niece Grace and Ally's good friends Sophia and Magdee were also in the recital and they all did so well!






Then for the finale, both girls danced with Jeremy. This is such a great part of the recital! The girls went to all of the practices with him and then they practiced more at home. The instructors love Jeremy because he is one of the only dads that truly knows what he is doing so they put him in front. Ha! Ha! I think he may have missed his calling!!



As for the me, I was backstage with my sister-in-law Ann and my good friend Annabelle. We stood on the side of the stage (crying) watching everyone and (crying some more) waiting for the chance for us girls to go and shake it on stage (ha, ha). Afterwards, we gave the girls flowers and went for a late dinner. The girls were lucky to have their whole family there to watch, including Abuelita (who turns 100 in February). I was so proud of both girls--I can't remember how many times I teared up!! Ok, enough about the recitals!!!

2 comments:

Cameron Family said...

They look like old pros on that stage! So cute. What a fun idea to have the dads come up also- I'm sure Jeremy was bursting inside! :) This post makes me sad though- I've always wanted to see my girls on stage in a cute little costume. Soccer uniforms just aren't quite as pretty!

Kari said...

I *LOVE* that they have the girls dance with their daddys!! Your girls are so beautiful and looking WAY too grown up ... gonna have to keep them locked up, aren't you?!